Friday, September 11, 2009

Why did I start this blog?

A friend of mine from a job at a bookstore started one and it reminded me that I have always wanted to review movies because I have found that most of the other reviews were way out of whack and left me thinking WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY SMOKING!!! It also make me think that they owe me my $9 for telling me that this piece of crap was a four star movie when it was a two...MAX. I have always loved going to the movies...something about the combination of getting out, the aroma of stale insanely over priced overly buttered popcorn, milk duds and Jujyfruits (my current movie candy of choice).

Therefore, my goal is to give reviews to at least one current movie and at least one movie that is older than six months old, per week. I will try to step out of my safety zone on occasion (horror is not my favorite). I am not an expert by any means, but I don't think that movie reviews are about all of that artsy garbage, it is about entertainment and it's ability to take you from your regular life for approximately 120 minutes (more or less). I will be using the five star scale. So check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Sweeeeeet! You've never steered me wrong. Looking forward to expanding my horizons!

    ReplyDelete