Monday, September 14, 2009

Dazed and Confused 1993





Yes, that was a young Matthew Mcconaughey as Wooderson saying that line in the clip. I had not seen this movie until a few years ago because I thought it sounded like one of those stupid teenybopper films. Not So. This movie is filled with up and comers such as McConaughy, Ben Affleck, Parker Posey, Adam Goldberg, Milla Jovovich, Joey Lauren Adams and an uncredited Renee Zellweger.

The Film takes place in the 70's (nice hair and clothes) and follows the antics of high school students on the day and night of the last day of the school year. It is a well used formula for certain, but this is one of the better ones.

One of the best things about this movie is the awesome soundtrack that includes everyone from Aerosmith, Kiss, Foghat and Ted Nugent to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Black Sabbath. It also includes one of my personal favorites "Lowrider" by War.

I own it...Netflix carries it...see it. I give this movie THREE AND A HALF Stars.

Want to see a movie reviewed? Let me know and I will try to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment