Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Saw VI (2009)

I had not seen any of the "Saw" movies, so I tried to keep an open mind. My husband, sister and brother-in-law have seen all of these movies in a really strange and twisted tradition, they attend together. I think that we were four of the thirty people in the theater and that included the people who brought in the six and four year old (Who DOES that? Some people really need to go through the "Saw" puzzle for other reasons!).

I was not a fan of this movie. While there did seem to be a plot, that of a killer ("Jigsaw" played by Tobin Bell) playing his game with an insurance executive that denied him access to alternative treatment for his Cancer. Although the mastermind behind the killings is dead, he seems to be able to use his minions (Detective Hoffman played by Costas Mandylor and his ex-wife Jill played by Betsy Russell) to continue his games. There are many flashbacks to why Jigsaw wants this executive to go through the parts of his game. The flashbacks show that the executive William (Peter Outerbridge) uses a formula that he concocted to basically decide who lives or dies by denying treatment when it is not financially positive for Umbrella Insurance. When the killing starts it includes random people from his office, anyone from the janitor to his secretary. Just like in his job, he must decide who lives and who dies. The warehouse that this takes place in reminds me of a really bad haunted house that they make up a few days before Halloween. This movie is not scary in any way although I do cover my face right before the predictable killing parts (because I'm wimpy). The "acting" is really bad although there is an interesting twist at the end.

90 Minutes. Rated R. I give this Movie ONE AND ONE HALF STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment